The DSpace Steering Group is the primary decision-making body of the DSpace Program. It sets the strategic direction of the program, with advice and consent of the Leadership Group. It provides on-going program oversight and ensures that the priorities of the Leadership Group and members are met.
Steering Group members are elected and empowered by the Leadership. Their responsibilities include:
- Operational oversight, including time-sensitive decision-making
- Development of strategic priorities, for approval by Leadership
- Recommendations for budget allocations, for approval by Leadership
- Assistance with fundraising
- Commissioning of and liaising with working groups
- Agenda-setting for quarterly Leadership Meetings
Composition of the Steering Group
- The Steering Group is composed of 10 voting members (9 elected members, plus a permanent LYRASIS seat).
- Elected Steering Group members serve for three-year, renewable terms.
- Steering Group members are elected by the Leadership, but can be from outside of the Leadership Group. If a Steering Group member is not also on the Leadership Group, they may still attend Leadership meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- The Steering Group meets monthly.
- Steering Group meeting notes are shared with Leadership Group members but not made publicly available. (Meeting notes here: DSpace Steering Home)
- The Steering Group communicates decisions within 2 days of a meeting to the Leadership Group to ensure transparent communication. Any Leader or Steerer can call an emergency meeting of the Leadership Group on these decisions.
The Library Code
University of Victoria Libraries
University of Kansas
Head E-Publishing, ETH Library
Information Systems Manager
National Library of Finland
AUL for Digital Strategies and Technology
Duke University Libraries
Open Research Systems Manager
University of Cambridge
Executive and Technical Secretary
Head, University Archives & Co-Director, University Digital Conservancy
University of Minnesota
COO, CCO, Business Strategist, Business Technologist
Scholarly Communication Librarian
Indiana University Purdue Universtiy Indiana
Digital Curation Librarian
Georgia Institute of Technology
Texas Digital Library
Head Library Information Technology
Hamburg University of Technology / DSpace-DE Consortium
University of British Columbia Library
Open Scholarship Services Librarian
The University of Edinburgh
Scholarly Sharing Strategist
The Ohio State University Libraries