From Atmire A wide uptake of institutional repositories facilitates open access access to scientific research.
The latest edition of the annual Academic Ranking of World Universities, aka Shanghai Ranking, came out last week. As the list below shows, a large number of these world-renowend make their research outputs freely available for online consultation, through their DSpace repositories.
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
19. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
27. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
28. University of Wisconsin – Madison
32. The University of Edinburgh
37. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
38. The University of Melbourne
40. The University of Texas at Austin
41. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
43. University of British Columbia
48. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
51. University of Maryland, College Park
69. The Australian National University
79. Georgia Institute of Technology
83. University of California, Irvine
85. National University of Singapore
94. The Ohio State University – Columbus
96. Nanyang Technological University
As a certified DuraSpace partner, Atmire contributes to the open source development of the DSpace platform. Several of these institutions entrusted Atmire with software development and services related to their DSpace repositories.